The development will deliver up to 410 homes, of which 35% of these will be affordable houses. 30% of these affordable units will be homes for rent that would be managed by a local Housing Association with the remaining 70% being sold at 80% of their open market value
The proposals also include:
• A new footpath/cycle link provided to Lammas Way to connect with the surrounding neighbourhood;
• A new junction arrangement on Abbey Lane, including a new junction to Osier Link;
• Enhancement and ongoing maintenance plan for brooks and waterways on-site;
• A landscape strategy keeping important trees and planting new ones;
• A series of open spaces and landscape areas, including two equipped play areas;
• Agreed contributions to local education, healthcare, libraries, sports pitches and other community facilities.
The accesses into the site from both Flitwick Road and Abbey Lane were approved at the outline application stage. The above plan shows the principles of development of the site. Below shows the access arrangements.
The details to be included in reserved matters submissions will follow submission of the design codes in the first quarter of 2016. Building work could start in 2016/2017, and then it may take around 5 years to build all the houses on the site.